Click Diagnostics (www.clickdiagnostics.com) is an early stage Biotech startup located in North San Jose, CA that is looking to hire a Research Associate to its assay development team. This ambitious and fast-paced company is taking an innovative approach to medical diagnostic tests.
Scope of Position
This position will support the transition from Research & Development (R&D) to Validation & Verification (V&V) and beyond.
Position includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with general lab maintenance such as cleaning and decontamination
- Supporting scientific research with reagent preparation, stability studies, inventory keeping, equipment maintenance and calibration
- Performing verification studies of equipment, reagents, and procedures
- Testing and executing company Work Instructions for the production and QC of reagents
- Building kits and assembling product devices as needed
- Working with senior scientist to conduct scientific research and experiments, such as reagent preparation, DNA extractions, PCR, data analysis, and writing experimental reports
- Communicating results to the in-house team
- Working closely with colleagues to resolve reagent, material, and instrument issues
- Following protocols: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP), and all pertinent internal and external regulatory guidelines
Skills, Experience, Education
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a closely related field
- At least 2 years work experience in industry or academia, preferably in vitro diagnostics (IVD) field
- Skills in pipetting, aliquoting and calculating dilutions for reagents
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, amplification (PCR) and detection (qPCR, gel electrophoresis, ELISA)
- Preferred, but not required: previous exposure to Quality Management System (QMS) documentation, statistical analysis software, Design of Experiments (DOE), cell culture, and PCR primer design
- The ideal candidate is organized, meticulous, has excellent communication skills, is able to work well both independently and as part of team, and has flexibility to change directions as needed
- Candidate is comfortable working with clinical samples and pathogenic organisms (BSL-2)
- Salary, bonus, full benefits, company stock options
- Title is dependent on education and experience
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Research Associate I”.