Click Diagnostics is an early stage biotech startup that is looking to hire a Controller/ Director of Accounting & Finance. This ambitious and fast-paced company is taking an innovative approach to medical diagnostic tests. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Position includes, but not limited to:
- Leadership of accounting and finance functions. Prepare the company for IPO readiness.
- Company-wide accounting activities and month-end closing process, in accordance with US GAAP and grant, regulatory requirements
- System selection and implementation, including ERP, budgeting, stock options, document control, reporting, etc.
- Direct the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Preparation of financial and accounting reports for management, board and investors.
- Development and maintenance of policies to ensure accurate accounting, financial reporting and reliable internal controls
- Development, implementation and maintenance of inventory and cost accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage relationship with the Company’s independent auditors to ensure that annual audits are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurate and timely completion of all tax and informational filings. Coordinate the preparation of corporate and state income tax returns with 3rd party tax preparer.
- Manage banking relationships - prepare compliance documentation for loan covenants
- Work closely with CEO on financing activities, financial strategy, and strategic relationships.
- Support grant application processes
- Perform special projects and analyses to assist management
Skills, Experience, Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance (MBA a plus)
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience with strong knowledge of all areas of accounting, cost management, Financial Planning & Analysis, and business decision support.
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills – ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization, investors and third-party partner relationships.
- Proactive approach with high sense of urgency
- Highly advanced knowledge of Excel & financial modelling preferred
- Experience with ERP Implementation is an advantage - in particular, with inventory management
- Life Science experience a plus.
- Human resources experience a plus.
- Salary, bonus, full benefits, company stock options
- Title is dependent on education and experience
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Controller/Director of Accounting & Finance”.