Click Diagnostics is an early stage Biotech startup that is looking to hire a Research Associate/Associate Scientist to its assay development team. This ambitious and fast-paced company is taking an innovative approach to medical diagnostic tests. This position will support the transition from Research & Development (R&D) to Validation & Verification (V&V) and beyond.
Position includes, but is not limited to.
- Supporting scientific research with reagent preparation, stability studies, inventory keeping, equipment maintenance/calibration, and general lab maintenance such as cleaning and decontamination
- Performing verification studies of equipment, reagents, and procedures
- Creating, testing and executing company Work Instructions for the production and QC of reagents
- Working with senior scientist to design and conduct scientific research and experiments, such as reagent preparation, DNA extractions, PCR, data analysis, and writing experimental reports
- Communicating results to the in-house team, other collaborators, or regulatory agencies
- Working closely with colleagues on experiments and to resolve reagent, material, and instrument issues
- Following protocols: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP), and all pertinent internal and external regulatory guidelines
- Presenting ongoing work and findings to colleagues and at academic conferences, and summarizing the nature of the research, methodology and results
Skills, Experience, Education
- BA/BS/MS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a closely related field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in industry or academia, preferably in vitro diagnostics (IVD) field
- Knowledge in molecular biology techniques, specifically DNA/RNA extraction and sample preparation, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis, and ELISA
- Significant experience with hands-on lab skills: pipetting, aliquoting and calculating dilutions for reagents
- Preferred, but not required: previous exposure to Quality Management System (QMS) documentation, statistical analysis software, Design of Experiments (DOE), cell culture, PCR primer design, and familiarity with Agilent Bioanalyzer
- The ideal candidate is organized, meticulous, has excellent communication skills, is able to work well both independently and as part of team, and has flexibility to change directions as needed
- Candidate is comfortable working with clinical samples and pathogenic organisms (BSL-2)
- Salary, bonus, full benefits, company stock options
- Title is dependent on education and experience
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Research Associate / Associate Scientist (Assay)” along with answers to the following: (1) How do you personally keep track of your pending deadlines and tasks? (2) In two sentences, describe your ideal work place. (3) Describe your personality in 4 words.